nearly Firebase Distant Config hacks that cut back crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022 will lid the newest and most present advice all however the world. open slowly in view of that you simply comprehend with out issue and appropriately. will improve your data proficiently and reliably
What’s Firebase Distant Config and what are its use circumstances
Firebase Distant Config is a cloud service that means that you can change the habits and look of your app with out requiring customers to obtain an app replace.
Firebase distant config is usually used to:
- Remotely allow/disable options
- A/B checks on a sure group of customers
- Conditional configuration for an outlined set of customers
Along with the use circumstances talked about above, Firebase Distant Config may even assist forestall crashes in sure conditions. When launching often at fast-growing startups, functions are liable to crashes, and as builders, we’re anticipated to take care of crash-free numbers.
Essentially the most primary use is to activate/deactivate features remotely by storing boolean values. One thing like:
When releasing builds often, we could encounter the next situations:
- There’s a crash occurring solely at a sure software model.
- There’s a crash occurring solely on sure Android/iOS model.
- There’s an accident taking place only for a personal consumer.
- Some options managed by distant configuration are shipped dwell incomplete and in enabling the characteristic in future builds, it’s enabled in earlier builds additionally. This results in mistaken state seen to the consumer.
Extending the essential strategy to cowl the conditions talked about above, we will create distant configuration flags like:
blocked_user_ids: ...., ....
as a substitute of conserving boolean values, we add some extra optionally available circumstances to allow/disable options remotely. That’s how:
- is enabled – That is your primary boolean key – not optionally available
- software model — Relying on the way you create your model numbers, it may be an extended/int worth which you could evaluate to the present app model and determine to allow a characteristic solely above the given app_version – optionally available
- android model — That is the minimal API stage for which you need the characteristic to be enabled. That is helpful with some open supply/third celebration SDKs that may behave unusually on sure variations of Android – optionally available
- blocked_user_identifiers — That is helpful on a small scale solely when you will have a restricted set of customers. Generally a scenario happens the place a selected consumer will increase the crash numbers by performing a sure motion time and again. – optionally available
We noticed how distant Firebase configuration may even assist cut back the variety of crashes in some circumstances.
I want the article very practically Firebase Distant Config hacks that cut back crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022 provides notion to you and is helpful for calculation to your data
Firebase Remote Config hacks that reduce crashes | by Anshul Khattar | Aug, 2022